Sunday 30 October 2011

More ideas... more money...

In October 2010 Al was onto another “big idea” about expanding the product line (adding fish and games spices) and increasing sales (open a storefront operation, “fish and chicken shack”).  He’d been talking about the Fish and Chicken Shack idea for a while, his plan was to franchise it and compete with M&M Meats.

This time he wanted an additional $8,000 and in return my share of the operation would increase from 25% to 49% although my share of the profits would remain at 25%. Needless to say I turned him down. The conversation got to the point where he was visibly upset and was demanding the additional funds. He was saying something along the lines of "... you've got assets, you can get a loan...  I don't have any assets, so I can't get a loan.". I told him I could probably get a loan, but who’s going to make the loan payments?

After all that’s happened since then I’m glad I didn’t go along with that big idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment